Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Feeling Fragile

Beer Chang and good conversation can be a lethal combination and after several hours of both with Bangkok author Jerry Hopkins last night,  I'm feeling a trifle delicate this morning. So apparently was one of the banana trees that presides over our yard--weakened probably by the storm of two nights before and a considerable load of ripening bananas, it snapped mid-stalk and forms two sides of a dismal-looking triangle From the look of the tiny banana plantation against the corner of the wall that shields our house from the street, this has happened before with other trees in the past. In my mildly hung-over state, I mentally mutter someting about impermanence and wait for my nagging little pain at my temples to succumb to that noble truth.

No comments: