Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Done

Almost Home: the Asian Search of a Geographic Trollop is with a copyeditor. After grammar and punctuation have been made perfect, and tweaks have been made for clarity, the book will no longer be mine. It will pass into some mysterious limbo, to emerge in a year or so as a finished volume. By then it will seem like a completely new book.

When Tone Deaf in Bangkok came into my hands, I could do nothing but stare at it for a long time before I finally opened it. I wonder if that same dazed happiness will come to me again with this book, or if it only happens with the first?

But I can't think about that right now. There's a new book jostling around in my mind. It's going to stay there for a while, in the mulling process and then the possession will take place. (It possesses me, not the other way around.)

Meanwhile there are other people's words to edit. What a good life--how did I get so lucky? All I ever wanted was to spend my days reading and writing--and that's exactly what I do. Good fortune indeed.

4 comments:

bmousli said...

Congratulations!!! Details? Where, when? Title?
Loved Tone Deaf in Thailand, and can't wait to read this one.

Janet Brown said...

Thank you! Details when I know them--title is Almost Home: The Asian Search of a Geographic Trollop.
It's about looking for a home in Bangkok. Hong Kong, Beijing, and Penang.

AHBoyce said...

I can't wait.

Janet Brown said...

Me either, to tell you the truth--but I have to. Even my friend who is being published by a big NYC house has had to wait--curses.